Monday, May 27, 2013

Watercolor class




I've agreed to teach a watercolor class for beginners through the Grant County Arts Council in Petersburg, W.Va.

Most of the GCAC classes are for a couple of hours each day over the course of 4 to 5 days, but since I work, I asked if I could do the class in more of a workshop setup, over a weekend.

GCAC agreed, and so the class is listed in their 2013 schedule as:
"Beginning Watercolor, Saturday, June 22 from 9 a.m. - 4.p.m. and Sunday, June 23 from 1 - 4 p.m. 15 years old and up"

I admit it's going to be a little rough getting everything in during that time period -- I'd like to have a couple more hours, which would fit the sort of classes I used to teach for the Hardy County Extension retreat at Camp Pinnacle, but I'll make it work. I'll just have to trim out one of the exercises in mixing colors.

I don't know what GCAC is charging for the class, though I'm sure it's very affordable. They have not posted any of the classes on their website, but I know they have been advertising their summer classes in the local paper, "The Weekender."

If you'd like information about the watercolor class, or any other classes GCAC might be offering, contact GCAC at P.O. Box 988, Petersburg, WV 26847, or email them at GCArts@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment