Sunday, August 17, 2014

Top of the Morning

"Top of the Morning" 8"x8"
Another one down in my ongoing effort to capture Wardensville at its unexpected best.

This is the third time that I've painted this particular house, which to me is Polly Peer's house. Polly was the lady who lived there when I first came to town, and her family had been in this house for decades.

The other two paintings were made years ago...the first being of the hanging flower baskets Polly had on the porch, and the second being part of scene that focused on the old See's Motel sign.

Per my usual tendencies, it's the cast shadow that drew me to this particular composition.

This painting will be included in the exhibit that will be opening at the Guesthouse Lost River on August. 31, and will remain there through Nov. 30, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment