Saturday, December 14, 2013

Signature member of WVWS


I'm happy to report that I've earned Signature Status in the West Virginia Watercolor Society!

I submitted a portfolio of works to the WVWS Jury Committee who anonymously reviewed the paintings and engaged in a critique session. Committee members then vote on the merits of the portfolio to determine if the applicant should gain the status sought for in the application.

I received my mailed notice of acceptance, as well as copies of the reviewers' critiques, at the beginning of the month.

For the 2013 review period, I earned Signature Status, along with WVWS members Andrea Burke, Monica Wilkins and Debbie Lester.

Julia Jones, who also lives in Hardy County, received her Juried Status during this review as well.

Congratulations to all these fine artists!

Learn more about the West Virginia Watercolor Society at www.wvwatercolorsociety.org.

Here are the pieces that I submitted for the committee's review:





No comments:

Post a Comment