Sunday, May 26, 2013

Art at VMRC


"The Red Shed" - 8"x8"
I'm happy to report that I'm back at the Virginia Mennonite Retirement Community's annual multimedia exhibition with "The Red Shed." The exhibit opens today at the Park Gables Gallery at the VMRC complex in Harrisonburg, Va.

Art at VMRC is a top-notch show -- it features a panel of respected jurors, a beautiful space that draws truly interested visitors, and extraordinary management and care by the volunteer organizers of the exhibition. And, because of the widespread call for entries that appears in national magazines and  online listing, the quality of the selected work is outstanding, and covers a wide range of mediums and styles.

This is the third time I have entered, and the second time that I have work accepted (I had two pieces in the 2011 show). And I pinch myself when I receive the letter saying that I've made it.

The show dates are May 26 through June 30, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day.

The awards reception is next Sunday, June 2, from 2 to 4 p.m.

For more about the show, visit the VMRC website at http://www.vmrc.org/v.php?pg=48. This site includes a link to a pdf file where you can see images of the pieces included in the 2012 show.

I can't wait to see what the exhibit will include this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment